This wasn’t going to be the post I wrote this week, but this needed to be addressed. Our Redonkulous Life has been nominated for the 2020 Sunshine Blogger Award by Jaida from The Sunny Flower. She writes about a wide variety of topics but they are never short of flair, because of her unique perspective on society. My favorite post of hers is 5 easy ways to reduce stress.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
If you don’t know what the Sunshine Blogger award is It is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. Bloggers nominate other bloggers who inspire positivity and joy. It amazing because it lets others know their hard work is not going unnoticed.
Its a reminder to those who blog that they are seen. As a blogger, you wear many hats and sometimes feel like you are not making a difference. Having someone nominate you for the award gives you a little boost to keep going if you ever thought of giving up. I know it gave that boost when I was nominated for the 2019 Sunshine Blogger Award.
What are the rules?
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
QUESTIONS FOR ME
1. What person has taught you the biggest lesson in your life?
This answer may shock you but I give credit to all my ex-boyfriends and ex-friends. They shaped me into who I am today and showed me what type of person I wanted to be. If it wasn’t for them I would have never learned how to be kind, compassionate and caring.
All the bad relationships I was in with narcissists, the emotionally unavailable, the cheaters really made me open eyes. Especially when I left my abusive relationship in 2011, that was the final straw and I learned my worth.
Slowly over the years, I have learned what type of people I wanted in my life and took the next 10 years realizing those who were in my life were not the ones for me. Making that change has come with some loneliness, but I learned never to settle for less than what you are worth.
2. Did you grow up in a big or small family and how do you think that influenced you as a person?
I have a lot of family members from both my mom and dad’s side, but none of them really talk to me so I grew up with just my Mom, brother, and sister.
So growing up with a small family really influenced me that having a smaller group of people causes less drama. It made me value what little family I had in my life and wanted that closeness when I started my own family.
After my mother passed away my sister and I realized it was only us 3 kids left. We were all we had and my sister and I made it a priority to have family dinner on the weekends. Appreciate those around you because one day they might not be there.
3. How would you describe your style?
I prefer the Athleisure look. You know comfy all year round. Oh is that not what you meant? Oh, you meant my writing style… I would describe it as being informative and sarcastic. Kinda like you are having a conversation with a best friend.
The one person who is going to tell you the truth and be blunt even if it hurts. We don’t need yes people in our life. We want those who call us on our bullshit.
4. Do you think you would ever live in a different country?
If I learned the language if there was a barrier. I don’t know any other languages so it might take a bit to learn. I am willing to learn or at least try.
If it was somewhere where they spoke “English” I would definitely pass with flying colors. Really I just want to see the world so I would make it work by any means necessary.
Does anyone want to host this chick in your hometown? Shoot me an email!
5. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
I am not adventurous when it comes to my food. I have the palette of a 4 years old. Pizza, chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, mac n’ cheese and mash potatoes are my 5 main food groups.
The weirdest would be alligator. I tried a piece of my friend’s “chicken”. I took a bite and said it was really good. When he told me is was Alligator I spit it out.
6. Describe the proudest moment of your life.
Does being nominated for the 2020 Sunshine Blogger Award count? No, has to be something else.. okay, fine! My proudest moment so far in my life is starting this blog. Only because it took courage to step out of my comfort zone and do something that was just for myself.
Starting this blog has brought so many people into my life. Be it friends who live nowhere near me or potential work opportunities. It has inspired me to push myself and become a better version of myself instead of just accepting what life throws at me. It makes me proud to be who I have become and who I will be in the future.
7. Do you have any goals for your writing outside of blogging?
If you would have asked me this question 2 weeks ago I would have said no. However, I recently had a dream to write a book. In thinking about writing a bok I actually came up with an idea for 2 books. Its not something I am going to start working on full force right now, but I will slowly be mapping them both out. Watch out people, future New York Best seller on the loose!
8. Do you think that your personality matches your zodiac sign?
I am a Leo and when most people think of a Leo they think flashy, over the top, has to be the center of attention. Which is not me at all. I am a homebody and will always shop second-hand. I am very minimal when it comes to my style and the things I have in my home. Never have I or will ever be the “look at me, look at me” type of person.
9. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?
Ooo this is very hard. I love movies so much, If I had to pick one to watch over and over again it would have to be Empire Records. I have a thing for Maxwell Claudfield. In this movie, though he just annoyed me. The reason it would be Empire Records is because “DAMN THE MAN!” That’s why.
But seriously it would be because they loved this store so much that they in the end despite their differences or the arguments they had they did whatever they had to, to save the store for their boss.
They didn’t let some big chain company who had more money than them that the one thing they loved. They fought with all their heart. That’s all you can do everyday is fight for the things that mean the most to you with all you heart.
10. Describe your dream home.
As I have said before I live a simple life. I don’t want anything more than I need. However, if I was going to go all out. I want a 2 story old farmhouse with some land to start our urban homestead again. A place for Mike to grow his hot peppers and make our homemade hot sauce to sell. It is a dream of ours to be able to grow most of our own food.
Within this house, I would love to have enough space for me to have my own office and a huge kitchen with a dining room attached.
11. What do you do to destress?
Just a good ol’ cry in the shower so no one can hear me. Kidding… or am I? Destressing for me involves taking a shower washing all the crud that is stinking up my soul. I visualize it is washing away all the seft doubt, the worry, and the haters.
I turn on either some good music to dance around to while I clean up my space because a messy house = messy mind. Once I am done cleaning up my space its time to binge watch something uplifting on on netflix or some true crime.
I do not cook dinner, it is time to order take out because we are not playing the “what’s for dinner?” game while I am trying to relax. Get me something from one of my 5 food groups I mentioned before and I am one happy camper.
Thank you Jaida I really liked answering these questions.
In no particular order I nominate for the 2020 Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Stephanie from Me myself and I make one
2. Karen from My Path to Travel
3. Kristaleagh from Millennial Whiskey
4. Marjie from Marjie’s Simple Word
5. Sonia from Life with Sonia
6. Madi Rae from Everyday With Madi Rae
7. Jais from Get Set Happy
8. Morgan from The Relatable Red
9. Kalin from the Abundance of Flavor
10. Carolyn from The Starving Artist
11. Magen from Goldfish and Gin
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. How do you motivate yourself to keep up with your blog?
3. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
4. What would be the theme song of your life?
5. Is there anything your blog inspired you to pursue?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
8. What Has Been Your Best Moment This Year (So Far)?
(I know there are so many to choose from)
9. Describe your perfect vacation.
10. What is the closest thing to real magic?
11. What movie sequel do you wish you could erase from history?
I hope those who I have nominated share there posts for the 2020 Sunshine Blogger Award.
Again I want to thank Jaida from The Sunny Flower for nominating me for the 2020 Sunshine Blogger Award. I appreciate you recognizing me and what I am trying to do with Our Redonkulous Life.