I got nothing going on in my brain in the personal growth niche this week. It is my birthday next week so I figured why not give myself a little break and switch off the ol’ brain-a-rooney and post a good old-fashioned get to know me.
I found this tag on stillbeingmolly.com and thought the questions were fun! In the end, I am going to tag a few fellow bloggers to see if they want to participate. They don’t have to but I think it would be fun. So let’s get into 50 get to know me questions because that seems like a lot.
I can relate anything too personal growth. We will just call this a self-discovery exercise. Which is kinda true… haha
Get To Know Me 50 Completely Random Questions
1. What’s your favorite candle scent? Anything clean smelling. Like fresh air-dried laundry. I am not opposed to fruity-smelling candles but my go-to for everything is clean smelling… OH OH OH … MORE LIKE HO HO HO… HAHAHAHA CHRISTMAS SMELLS. Give me a fir-smelling candle any day!
2. What female celebrity do you wish you were related to? No hesitation on this one… Melissa McCarthy. I want to be best friends with her so bad. I think she is fucking hilarious.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Ryan Reynolds. Again he is hilarious as fuck. I feel like we would be a fun family to be around.
4. What’s your favorite thing about marriage? (And if you’re not married, what’s your favorite thing about being single?) I am in a long-term relationship. Just celebrated 10 years together. My favorite thing about being in this relationship is that Mike can be a trip. He is just out to have a good time. He and I can make a joke about anything.
5. What’s one thing you own that you should probably get rid of, but just can’t? My attitude… hahaha JK I can’t think of anything because I am usually pretty intentional with the things in my home. If I haven’t used it in 6 months it’s gotta go. I am constantly decluttering.
6. Can you do a split? Yes… with my personality. LOL, I kid I kid. With my legs no.
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? Oh god, I want to say like 7… maybe 8?
8. How many oceans have you swam in? Just the Atlantic… I am boring. LOL
9. How many countries have you been to? 3 – Good ol’ USA, Mexico, and Canada.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? My dad joined right after high school for a few years.
11. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? There are WAAAAYYYY too many. In elementary school, I loved Rugrats, Doug, Captain Planet, Power Rangers, Salute your Shorts, Animaniacs, and Hey Dude. Then as I got older it was Daria, California Dreams, My So-Called Life, Buffy, Angel, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Step by Step, Family Matters, Moesha, Dawson’s Creek, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Clarissa explains it all, The secret life of Alex Mack, and Sailor Moon. That is just off the top of my head. There is so much more.
12. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? Barbie
13. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or Twilight series? I have all the series but haven’t read them. Does it count if I watched them?
14. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? oh British, for sure!
15. Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I wish I did.
16. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Oh, Kermie!!!
17. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? Disney, My Grandparents used to take me there when I was younger.
18. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? This is so hard. Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Arabic… I would love to be fluent in all so I could talk to anyone I come in contact with. I don’t want to miss out on amazing conversations because of a language barrier.
19. Do you spell the color as grey or gray? Gray!
20. Do you know triplets? I do not.
21. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Both great, but if I had to choose it would be The Notebook hands down.
22. Have you ever had Indian food? Yes, we have made Indian food at home. We used this live behind this convenient store called the Spice of India. We were in there so much we became friends with the clerks there and they would recommend seasonings to us. They had this one curry packet that the clerk said was “not so hot”… that was a lie. After you get past the initial burning off of your taste buds it was delicious. Now Mike and I love spicy food.
23. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? I don’t think I have a favorite restaurant. Mike and I are such big foodies we just love trying new food.
24. Have you ever been to Olive Garden? Yes… unlimited salad and breadsticks.
25. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? Well since my Fathers last name is Pugh… I was supposed to be a boy all the way up until I popped out. So my mom always joked she was going to name me Hugh. So I would have been Hugh Pugh.
26. If you have a nickname, what is it? Chele (Shelly) from my family, Mikka (Meeka) from my friends, and now it is Seashell from my stepdaughter. She couldn’t say Michele when she was younger.
27. Who’s your favorite person in the world? Not to sound selfish, but it’s me. It has taken me a very long time to like myself. So in the name of self-love… I am my favorite person.
28. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs? Live in a rural area with my urban homesteading put to good use but close enough to the suburbs so I can still go to Thrift stores because I’m a Thrift whore!! 🙂
29. Can you whistle? Yes!
30. Do you sleep with a nightlight? Nope
31. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Not every morning.
32. How many times have you been to the hospital? Admitted to the hospital once, and to the ER like 5-10 times.
33. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Of course!
34. Where do you buy your jeans? Goodwill
35. What’s the last compliment you got? Well since I dyed my hair Purple almost a year ago… The most compliments I get are on my hair.
36. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Depends on how good they were.
37. Favorite beverage that isn’t water? Coffee!!!
38. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? 15ish, but only wear 3 on a regular basis.
39. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? Don’t say that, please don’t say that, it was real! It was real to me! I figured it out at a young age. I remember one year I WANTED a dollhouse for my Barbies for the longest time. I was outside one day and my neighbor opened their garage door and I saw this BEAUTIFUL 3-story dollhouse sitting in there. I wanted it so bad. SO FREAKING BAD!!! I was jealous my neighbor’s little sister was getting this for Christmas. Only to wake up Christmas morning to it in OUR living room from Santa. I was excited but also a little disappointed.
40. What is one food that you used to hate but now love? Oh god… I was a very picky child. I mean VERY VERY VERY picky. My food was ALWAYS very BLAND. I now can eat food cooked with onions and peppers. I loved fried zucchini. I don’t like mushrooms, but I can eat cream of mushrooms on my green beans. I love vegetables. Oh, Feta cheese is a big one. I missed out on so many good salads because I thought Feta cheese was going to smell and tasted like bleu cheese.
41. What is a weird lie you’ve told? I hate peas. Really I was quoting Patrick Verona from 10 things I hate about you. Someone would ask me telling me something about yourself. So I would say I hate peas and it kinda stuck.
42. Heels or flats? Flats, but I would love to be able to wear heels.
43. Do you have any weird phobias? Clowns… Kinda Snakes.
44. What is a phrase or word you always say? You do you, Boo Boo
45. What is a song that you bast or belt out when you are alone? I can’t pick ONE song. Are you trying to make my brain explode?? I don’t have to be alone to blast this. I will sing anywhere any song. Right now it’s a playlist of my favorite songs to sing along to. Ranges from The Ramones to Adele to 90s Outkast to the Greatest Showman soundtrack.
46. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Rude people, Like rude for no reason type of people. I will stand up for what I think is right, but some people just bitch to bitch.
47. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed? Closed… Ain’t no monsters getting out of there. If the door is closed you can’t come in, the door is open that’s my own fault and you have permission to “take me to hell”. That’s the unspoken rule. It’s the same thing when your arm or leg is hanging off the bed. Cuddling the Blanket and Sheets up to your mouth you are safe. Am I the only one who knows these rules??
48. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Neither please. I like living. First of all… HAVE YOU SEEN MY GIRL!!! Why would you ask this question??? You cruel sick person. How do you trigger a generation… this fucking question right here. YOu know what send me with Yogi Bear over there. Hey Boo Boo! Let’s go gank some people’s picnic baskets! Next question, please…
49. Do you have any weird things you do? Everything I do is weird. Have you met me??
50. What movie could you watch over and over again and still love? Any movie I watched in the 90s. 10 things I hate about you, Jawbreaker, Clueless, Disturbing Behavior, She’s all that, Practical Magic, The Craft. I love them all.
Awww we’re done already… I need to find more questions to answer. These were fun. Answering them went a lot faster than I expected. Nostalgia hit hard on these questions. This was fun. Honestly, next week’s post might be the same thing because I am in a nostalgic mood.
I think answering questions like this does help you on your personal growth journey. It helps you learn a little bit about yourself and stir up some memories you might have forgotten about yourself.
I am gonna tag Kristaleagh from Millennial Whiskey Gee from AllthingsGee and Cheyenne from PrettyRounded. You can participate if you want, but it is not necessary.
Pick a question from above and answer it in the comments. I would love to hear your answers.
Until Next Time, have a great day! Remember you are a badass!